PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2018, 15:41
True Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SecondDog, you may well be correct in everything you say, I will give you that. But it also does no harm to occasionally ask, did we get it right this time? I do follow the rules, I have been asked about laptops, tablets etc, never phones to be put in a tray. I try my very best to be as organised as I can be, liquids, tablet etc out. No coins in my pockets, watch off. Do as much as possible to keep that alarm from going off, but I understand that there are random checks. But here is the point. For a number of years now, I have put my phone in my carry -on bag at security. It has never been questioned. I thought I was doing a good thing, no phone on my person, my body. The last few times, it has been in my jacket pocket, that is going through Xray. Never queried until yesterday. This has been through multiple airports, majority UK.

This is a genuine question. What is the difference in having my phone in my carry-on bag and in my coat pocket? Both end up in the cabin. Thanks in advance for your reply, it might help some of us understand better what the issues are.

I do think you are being a little bit unfair in thinking we are all arrogant business travellers, I respect the rules. But I am also the payer for the cost of security.