PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Wessex Help - down under
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2018, 02:58
kiwi285

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Herod
No Cyprus posting, but lucky enough to be detached to there for three months when 72 had Wessex there. '69, based Nicosia, before the division of the island. I'll check logbooks when back home.

The most Wessi in one place for a long time I think. I wonder if one may be airborne at some point?
The intention is to keep one and to make the other four saleable and move them along so this could be the most Wessi's in one place again.

I think making one flyable again would be a big ask as they have been sitting around for at least 12 years. They were in a warehouse so that helps. The management of the museum are always keen to see whether we can get aircraft to a stage where we can start them and taxi them if at all possible. We have an Aeromacchi that we can taxi around at airshows and also A Grumman TBF-1 Avenger. We are currently working on a second Avenger now and are about to receive a Wright R2600 engine that can be rebuilt into a runner so we will be taxiing this around sometime in the future. Never say never but probably not.