PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 27th Sep 2018, 02:39
EGAC is Better

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SecondDog
Actually, if you are talking security, those countries you mentioned are considered to be not up to the same standard as UK. Perhaps your experiences reflect that. The 'nonsense' you refer to again shows that you are more interested in the relative hassle of the process as you experience it, rather than hearing or being bothered with the reality of the situation with regard to the intel that is used to create the security procedures/requirements.

As for petty security agents, I would say there are a fair number of them that are created through repeated dealings with a-hole passengers (of which there are plenty)

An over the top brigade? You mean like 'could have got angry' because they had to check you for leaving your phone in your jacket. Takes one to know one I suppose.
I can’t remember a time that I personally have been asked to remove my phone from my coat pocket. I am also a seasoned traveller.

”Any iPads or laptops in your bag?” is all I’ve ever been asked. The answer to that is usually, “They are already in that tray”. Never a mention of a phone having to be put separately. Infact, the contrary. Once at another UK airport I was told I could keep phone in coat as long as it went through the scanner!

SecondDog, perhaps you could draw a line under this by referencing the actual guidance that says phones must be removed from pockets? I can’t find it, admittedley with a very brief search on Google.