PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2018, 20:24
SecondDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by True Blue
SecondDog. I travel enough to know that some security personnel are petty in the extreme. I also travel enough to know that there is massive inconsistency in what happens every time I go through a search.

If the system is so good, why are random searches needed? You see, some of the nonsense we are subjected to in UK airports I haven't experienced in Spain, Turkey or other countries. And you can hardly claim they do it worse, can you?

So when I am convinced that everything we are subjected to as pax is absolutely necessary, then I will accept it. But at the minute, I believe there is a fair amount of input from the over the top brigade.
Actually, if you are talking security, those countries you mentioned are considered to be not up to the same standard as UK. Perhaps your experiences reflect that. The 'nonsense' you refer to again shows that you are more interested in the relative hassle of the process as you experience it, rather than hearing or being bothered with the reality of the situation with regard to the intel that is used to create the security procedures/requirements.

As for petty security agents, I would say there are a fair number of them that are created through repeated dealings with a-hole passengers (of which there are plenty)

An over the top brigade? You mean like 'could have got angry' because they had to check you for leaving your phone in your jacket. Takes one to know one I suppose.