PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2018, 19:19
SimonK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MPN11
OK, and copied. So "Flugbuch" is the logbook ... and the “Leistungsbuch” (power book, according to Google Translate) is what? A bit more elaboration on that aspect would be good, as it doesn't seem to have been a feature in my [brief] Mil flying career... or indeed mentioned here before. It sounds very interesting.

BTW, it's your turn to wash up already. Just saying.
Haha ok I’ll get my marigolds on! Actually “Leistungsbuch” really means “Performance book”. You see a lot of them for sale for German youth groups, like Hitler Youth etc. Tbh they are more interesting than a logbook for the reasons I described above, some of my Flugbuch are dry in the extreme with just takeoff time, etc listed, whereas others are filled with heaps of detail by the pilot....eg “shotdown by spitfire, parachute jump”....in German obviously So a Luftwaffe Lesitungsbuch is really a mix of F540, intelligence report and logbook,

So I’ve attached two scans of the covers of Günther Kauschkes Flugbuch and Leistungsbuch and one of an entry in his Leistungsbuch. See if you can work out what it is saying......