PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2018, 13:46
SimonK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Danny42C
SimonK (#12326),

Grand (?) Old Man Danny retires early and sleeps late these days, so a bit late in seconding Chugalug's welcome for you into our happy band in our cybercrewroom of nostalgia.

Now I am intensely interested with your logbook of a Ju87 pilot: I can read German with fair ease, and already have:

"CONVERSATIONS WITH A STUKA PILOT
CONFERENCE FEATURING PAUL-WERNER HOZZEL BRIG. GENERAL (RET.)/ GERMAN AIR FORCE AT THE NATIONAL WAR COLLEGE NOVEMBER, 1978"

which I will get round to reading when I have the time.

I shall PM you about the Stuka logbook. As for the rest of your collection, I would suggest that the IWM would be grateful for them.

Danny.
Hi danny,

Thanks for the contact and it is an honour to speak to you on here sir. I am sorry if my post above was unclear, but I am not looking to get rid of any of my logbooks, I merely meant I would be happy to post scans/photos of any interesting pages for your interest in this thread. As an aside they have cost me a lot of money over the years (the Beaufighter pilots ones are the only ones I didn't pay for!) and many of them are utterly unique....sounds like there is some interest on here so I'll find some interesting bits and post them on this thread. As happens the Ju87 Flugbuch is utterly fascinating, as it covers an intense period of fighting on the Eastern front and the pilot is finally severely wounded after flying well over 200 missions. He writes a huge amount of detail and records gunners of his being killed, attacks on landing craft etc etc. It is written in a pretty unfathomable old fashion way of writing German called 'suetterlin', which is very hard to get translated or indeed read. Luckily a friendly German pilot over at another forum translated it for me, so I'll post some screenshots and explain what he wrote.

Anyway, all the best chaps and thanks for having me here.