PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Link Trainee First Officer Level 1&2
Old 25th Sep 2018, 23:44
FLGOFF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roundhouse
Outmosphere ‘What people have to understand is it’s not stages to “get through’ do you know this for a fact? I heard it was more of a fact that it’s a ‘green light’ or a ‘red light’ for each individual stage. Not an over all judgement of character? I don’t understand the over all way they hire though. I am simply after understanding here, did you know any different to my ideology? Cheers.
This is what I've heard as well. From what I've been told from recruitment, they don't just put everyone through and then compare everyone at the end. Through each stage there are standards and they distribute everyone's performance along a bell curve, if you don't meet set minimums and/or you're on the wrong end of that curve, you don't progress to the next stage. With each stage that you reach, the number of people that will be receiving a 'no thanks' reduces, the aptitude tests might knock out 30%, interview might knock out another 20% and finally arriving at the SIM and reference checks which might knockout 5-10%.