PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - They are not all bad...
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2018, 22:57
longer ron

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts
I always check out the various class prices when booking long haul but always decide in the end that the difference I will pay to upgrade to a nicer class will usually pay for much of my planned holiday/vacation - at which point I book Cattle class and put up with whatever 'atmosphere' my fellow pax give us for the 7/9/11 Hr trip.Sometimes it is quiet and peaceful and sometimes it is noisy (surely peeps who clearly do not understand the concept of different 'Time Zones' and the need for some shut eye LOL)
Our latest trip was LGW - Denver and they were a noisy lot on the return leg,our drive up to friends in N Wales was fun after very little sleep onboard
However I must say that over the last 5 years most of the USA Immigration officers I have met have been polite and sometimes with a great sense of humour.
The worst one I met recently was when we walked over the Rainbow Bridge from N Falls to Canada - we asked a simple question on the way out of the USA and the Immigration Officer we spoke to was extremely rude/sarcastic/nasty - we just smiled and carried on walking LOL
On our return a few hours later we both removed our (distinctive) Hats so we would not be recognised but luckily the T W A Tea was no longer on duty and the guy we saw was nice as pie