PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2018, 22:24
SimonK

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hello guys and especially Danny.....I was sent here by chugalug from a thread in the main forum I started about my side hobby, collecting and researching WW2 pilots flying logbooks. I’m a massive history nut and a retired RAF helicopter pilot from 5 years ago, now a commercial pilot. I was given a couple of musty old logbooks a few years ago by another commercial pilot here who was about to throw them away and I am so glad he didn’t!

They were a pair to a Coastal Command Blenheim pilot (missions over Norway) and subsequently Beaufighters, including missions from Malta and aerial combat over the Bay of Biscay, with several kills before he was reported missing himself. I’ve been researching his history and have only scratched the surface, but I’ve found some really interesting things out about Fg Off RG Stringer and I’d be happy to post some photos up if anyone is interested, to maybe lead us onto finding out a bit more about him?

I also have a good sized collection of Luftwaffe pilot/aircrew logbooks with some absolutely fascinating entries, including pilots who flew countless JU87, Me109, FW190, Ju88, Ju188, He111, Do17/217 and Me262 missions. Let me know if anyone is interested, if not I’ll get back in my box