PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Belfast International-2
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2018, 20:34
EIFFS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
This does seem a bit outlandish - what's the source?

Also:

New train service from Derry to Belfast International Airport
i regularly operate the Norwegian flights into BFS and it true that its shoddy airport expierence that face both in and out so I’m not surprised that there is leakage to Dublin, add in the huge advantage of preclearence and there are few quicker ways door to door than Dublin to Stewart if you’re heading for downtown NY
Yes you’ve a bus to catch , but it’s dedicated to Norwegians flight schedule, if the flights late it’s still there for you, from parking brake set at Stewart you can be on the bus in under 15 minutes, of course you can do the same to JFK but tarmac delays and then getting into town can take far far longer than the just over the hour trip from Stewart, no surprise it’s gone to double daily and rumoured increase to 3 daily next year.

The suits use BHD to LHR to New York and would never have been attracted to the the single class Norwegian product into SWF with no onward connections.

Whilst I like visiting Belfast I try to avoid routing back to my base via BFS if at all possible LHR to my home isn’t a great deal longer than Belfast centre to BFS airport.