PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2018, 15:32
Forfoxake

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Satcos Whipping Boy wrote:

"Eitherway it is for members to decide both those who will vote by proxy and those who turn up on the day. The crucial point is that proxy votes are just as valid as those cast in person. To this end I trust that the LAA will present as much information as possible to ALL members and prevent any last-minute ambushing at Sywell."

and

"It is down to the LAA membership to decide for themselves. There is tons of evidence to support what is said on here and other forums, but little to zero to counter any of it from BiaB. I am going to wait and see the exact motion wording and then leave it to them to decide which path is morally correct."

It is, as you say, up to the LAA membership to decide. But can I suggest that we do not assume that most LAA members will be fully informed on this matter or bother to vote in any event.

They need to be informed and encouraged to vote. I have no doubt that TCT and her supporters will be lobbying LAA members to vote for reinstatement!

In short, we need a vigorous campaign to prevent the award being reinstated but a public forum is not the place to discuss strategy and tactics. Any suggestions how we can do this privately?

Make no mistake, a lot is at stake here especially for those of us who have a LAA permit aircraft and must remain members whatever happens. Maybe not as much as Brexit, but TreCksiT is important!