PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - They are not all bad...
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2018, 15:29
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Probably the best was on VS in the late 1980s. So this was early Upper Class and from LGW. But it was a sunny afternoon I was in the 'A' so lovely and warm. Before personal screens but, after lunch, they showed a lot of cartoons on the main screen before the movie, including Tom & Jerry and served small tubs of ice-cream (repeat orders were OK). On arrival it was quiet on a Sunday late afternoon and I had the limo to the World Trade Centre Vista Hotel.

Worst was SFO to HKG in 1994. I was in Y and despite early check in unable to get a window. I was in an aisle 'D' of the central block in a 743. The 'service' from United was terrible at every turn, check-in and onboard. As we were going to HKG, naturally many Cantonese aboard and the food smell was not for me at all. Worse, the person in front of me, was talking across the aisle to his pal in the 'C' at loud volume throughout the 10 hours with hardly a rest. Kai Tak was, as it was in those days and rammed to hilt. When I got to the hotel inthe late evening ... getting up for work the next morning was terrible.

I'll try and remember some more good ones to cheer up S.o.S.