PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Netjets Europe Conditions
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2018, 14:05
Miserable Old Git

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AFrotary - We are receiving applications, if you are interested, you should apply. We are not struggling to recruit, just looking for good people

redsnail - You are absolutly correct. A fast upgrade is not possible. Projections are for the current FOs in the company to be upgraded in 6-8 years time. Obviously, the new guys and girls would be just behind them. As with any businesses, it all depends on market conditions.

EatMyShorts! - I've been in aviation for 30 years, I am comfortable, but you are correct, you won't make a lot of money being a pilot - those days are long gone. I'm not sure what 'a lot' is though. Can you tell me? 66,300 after two years is not bad IMO.

****happens - The pension for UK based pilots is OK, unless you know otherwise. The EU one has some issues due to stupid tax rules and is being looked at with some vigor by management. Perhaps you know something else? Please let us know.

dirk85 - You also fail to understand the majority of pilots who work for us. Times are good and there are jobs around, but we have not seen a big increase in churn. Yes, there is an increase, but nothing unexpected. If the company was that bad, why do so many work here? Personally, I am very happy at Netjets and have no interest in driving a bus behind an armoured door. I managed to disconnect ego and aircraft size some time ago and enjoy the challenge of our operation and the interaction with our pax, some of whom are very interesting people.

Overall, I feel well paid (could be more of course), I enjoy the flying as it is not boring, the family medical cover is excellent and the new management seems to be listening to the concerns of all employees. The introduction of the SFO rank is a good example of how long term FOs are being rewarded for their service.