PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 25th Sep 2018, 02:04
FGD135

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Akro, you are really banging the drum. It appears you have an agenda. You seem to have an opinion and want to push that opinion and are subtly misquoting the report in order to push it.

And it is unknown if the manufacturer had flight data or not.
Have a look at page 46 of the report. It says "this information was not held by the aircraft manufacturer".

The ATSB did not ask Raytheon. The list of organisations that were asked for contributions is on page 66. Raytheon are not listed.
No, that list is of the sources of information - not "who was asked", as you assert. My reading is that the ATSB asked the manufacturer for sideslip performance data but they did not have any, so could not provide any.

The SIM pilot said " the yaw on take-off was manageable".
I take that to mean the takeoff roll. The sim pilot was clear about what happened after that - his leg "gave out" and the aircraft became uncontrollable.

I have it from 2 pilots that flew the subject aircraft that they have flown it with full rudder trim without difficulty
But was that asymmetric when those 2 pilots flew it "without difficulty"? If on both engines, then explain to us what, how and why they were flying the aircraft on two engines with full rudder trim on? And was it full nose-left trim, btw?

All the pilot needed to do was hold opposite rudder for 1 min - at which time he should have been well above 1500ft ...
Have another read of the comments by the simulator pilot as to how well he managed in that situation. He tried, three times, but crashed on all three.
​​​​​​​