PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Catering Tales
Thread: Catering Tales
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2018, 21:15
Wensleydale

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
Perhaps Wensleydale could throw his £0.02-worth in.. (no stranger to the galley he!)
Ah yes. From scratch (and the odd tin): Bacon, Sausage, Eggs, Tomatoes and mushrooms for the whole crew served 20 minutes after take-off! Bacon rolled into curls and placed fat upwards in a tin tray (Save the fat for roasted tinned potatoes later in the flight). Sausages baked in butter in a tin tray (Compo Sausages if available - if not, fresh). Eggs in a paper cup in the oven (or poached in the cup with water from the boiler if the oven was too full). Tinned mushrooms baked in butter in the oven and tinned tomatoes warmed through in the oven. The oven had six shelves and two tin trays fitted on each shelf (but bear in mind that the more food in the oven then the less hot air and the food took longer) Never mind how good (or bad) you were at weapons control or voicetel - cook a good meal for the crew and you are in!! (Tell that to the FC branch with all their pre-prepared warm in the oven food in the E-3)!

I must confess that I do not remember the Wardroom label either. I wonder if the Coventry Shack has one?