PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air down at Essendon?
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2018, 20:30
Propsforever

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have flown King Airs for almost 20 yrs, mostly on the B200. While reading this Report, iam not really happy with it. For me the Report raises more Questions than Answers.
And yes, i have been in Simulators several Times. And have done Checkrides in the Actual AC. In EASA Land it is a Class/Type Rating, so no credits flying Seneca or similar.

1 : At the weight and Temperature the AC would definitly fly on both engines. Clean or Flaps Appr.
2 : Ruddertrim full over is putting a lot of strain on you, but i think i could hold the Trim for at least lets say, a Minute. But it would be unmistakable on the TO run
3 : Why didnt the AC climb? . Why didnt the Pilot raise the Gear? ( With the Climb Penalty of ca. 500ft/min and an OEI Climbrate of 400-600ft/min, you have no Chance with the Wheels down.

4 : Why did the Take Off Roll take that Long?

5 : One Thing that Comes to my mind is, that most Pilots are late or Carefull with using Rudder to Stop Asymetric flight, but if a building Comes Close.....

Ok a Rolling T/O on a short RWY(below 2000m) would be off Limits to me, as it will use to much Rwy, but thats not the reason for the crash
The T/O Speeds seem very low to me. Acc to Experience VR is roughly 100KTs ( exactly ist 95kt limited by 110% Vmc) and VYse flaps up is 121KTs
Rotating with under 100KTs Flaps up, or rotating a bit fast gets you in the Air with a beeping Stall Warning and a Sluggish Flying AC.
Most Pilots accelerate immediatly to 160kts Cruise Climb and never climb any slower.

And most Pilots i know would use on Rwys below 1500m in any case Flaps Appr for T/O, sacrifying 1% Climb Gradient in Exchange for a Solid flying AC directly after T/O

My Impression was : Engine related Failure, or untrained Pilot in KA200

Sorry!