PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HNA group financial problems - Warning
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2018, 12:46
PandaFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@CP I believe there are no direct airline contracts in China, it has to be via an agency. Those agencies that forget to mention that you are basically bound to the first airline you apply for.

Another thing I learned after coming here is that even the CAAC is split into different regions, one region not recognizing the documents from the other, so even if you manage to get your release letter from your company you still need to do the initial medical and ATPL again if you change province (!) Anyway, I didnt want to get into details here...

@Krone I knew what I was doing, and took a calculated risk. Of course the working conditions are a joke, my favourite is a memo "After listening to the CVR we concluded you should not talk about XXX..." but all together I thought that its worth it. Just suffer for 6 years and be done with financial problems forever. Deal.

However, it is clearly no deal when the money doesn't come. I talked to some pilots who went there before I made the move, and everyone had gotten every penny of the basic salary on time (ok sometimes they deduct a few thousand for ridicoulous so called saftey violations, even if you are not sitting at the controls(!)).

Had a single feedback indicated to me that the money might come delayed or maybe never, I wouldn't have gone. Hence this post for all those who are in the same decision making process.