PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2018, 10:58
Dutystude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From Nickweb

“A. Confirmation of who I am is here on the website (type /nick/ after the .com) and unlike many of the people here I am using my own name and not hiding behind a pseudonym (which seems a little cowardly to me)”

That old chestnut. Sorry but, except where proven expertise, in the field, is required, it is not who you are but what you say that counts – anonymous or not.

I remember earlier some old boy (apparently a ‘someone’ in GA circles) who had had his ‘head turned by a shapely ankle’ posting under his own name as if that added any strength to his argument. To me, having no idea who he was, it seemed just a bumptious, bombastic equivalent of ‘DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM’ addressed to the great unwashed.

I don’t know who you are; I have no intention of finding out who you are. I, like most posters, am only interested in digesting and analysing what you have to say and indulging in some intellectually stimulating speculation on your motives.

In essence what you have to say – “sorry guys my bad, not TCT’s fault I should not have said ‘solo’ on the web site” – is infantile.

I’m guessing that you gave up on history early on at school to concentrate on IT and computer science. You will probably be unaware that many of the freedoms and much of the peace and security you enjoy were won by very brave polemicists, pamphleteers, activists operating under pseudonyms.

Before, I get trolled, I claim no connection with those brave ancestors for my inconsequential and feeble offerings on PPRune.