PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Advice needed around safety pilot
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2018, 09:31
212man

Received 334 Likes on 186 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Can any of the rules and regs experts tell me if the requirement to complete a MCC course can be sidestepped if you have the requisite previous experience (ie ex-mil multi engine, multi crew helicopters)? I have only SP ratings on 2 types.

The CAA don't seem interested in answering my question.
Did you try their website?

Credits available for QMP(H)s who hold or have held an Operational Category to operate military multi-pilot helicopters for an ATPL(H) and IR(H)

QMP(H)s who hold or have held an Operational Category with a Military Unrestricted Green Instrument Rating (Helicopter) to operate military multi-pilot helicopters need to meet all the requirements for the issue of a Part-FCL ATPL(H) and IR(H) for helicopters.

Those Qualified Military pilots (H) described above may apply the following credits towards satisfying the Part-FCL requirements.

The following types are considered to be multi-pilot helicopters for this purpose:
  • Apache AH-64D
  • Bell 212
  • Chinook
  • Griffin
  • Lynx Mk 7/9A
  • Merlin Mk 3/3A
  • Puma (SA330)
  • Sea King Mk 3/3A/4/5/6
Qualified Military Pilots are given full credit for the Multi Crew Cooperation (MCC) and the requirement to undergo a training course before taking the skill test for the issue of an ATPL(H). You will have to provide log book evidence to your ATO.

You must hold or have held:
  • Operational Category with a Military Unrestricted Green Instrument Rating (Helicopter) to operate military multi-pilot helicopters.
  • You must also have met the experience requirements for an ATPL(H).