PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SQ Interview... need help here.
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2003, 19:26
cpt744

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
halfscaledelfection

Go for it with your best shot, almost everyone of us was there before in the similar situation drooling over a vacancy for cadetship. I had mentioned before that in SQ's case, just like any other airline, they have their very own requirements for hiring and you might wanna be well versed with them before attempting. All the best in your persue.

Although here I have to stress one distinctive difference between guys who had made it there and those wannabes, the former will have more choices definitely and as for the latter; just take it if any flag carrier offers you a job and start from there.

Next come the pay issues and working environment, this is in response to....

Aeronort...

Firstly let me just say I mean no offence but if you look at it objectively, it's precisely this sort of perspective of SQ management that drives the pilots' morale down to ground zero. Don't get me wrong here, there isn't a day that I don't enjoy my flying but I think it'll be a sad day when I have to be just "thankful" for having a chance to fly a 744 and live on sunshine and air and disregard my family life all together without due compensations. Not to mention the possibility of losing your license if you don't take care of your health, and need I also remind that it's your butt on the line if you get involved in an incident/accident(Pls spare me the part where since we're paid well, we must not make any mistake letture..)? If we're lucky(most of the time) we just learn from someone else mistakes and not to repeat them. Shouldn't all these risks be considered as part of the package of the job apart from just the glamour of flying a 747 or a A380(in the near future for me at least..)??

Let's hope that there are not too many out there who just wanna fly for any airline for free and ask for nothing in return..