PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cheap ADS-B for VFR ops....
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2018, 05:21
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS, once again you prove your irrelevance and that you have an anti-stance on anything remotely progressive.

And what is your definition of "progressive"?? Like Bill Shorten's higher power prices and taxes and more regulation from the nanny state is "progressive".

You obviously have difficulty reading what I actually wrote.

Can you show me anywhere in the latest release from CASA or any other document shows it’s mandated for VFRor that there are any plans for this? NO!

All that proves is I am tuned in to what is being hawked around the "Glass House", and by others who are no friends of GA, of course it hasn't been "published" yet, that would let the cat out of the bag. Indeed, the proposals for mandatory ADS-B OUT for all aircraft isn't even new, it is at least fifteen years old. Sadly, it has just got a whole new life.

Simply, you are not "fully informed" on the subject.

Your constant negativity is just boring.

If you bothered to read what I actually say, I am advocating (just like the Productivity Commission, Office of Best Practice Regulation, A-Gs and so on) that regulatory activity must be justified by proper description and delineation of risk, and any proposed "answers", including legislation, must be cost/benefit justified.

Sorry if you find that boring. To the true "progressive", the "true believer", costs and budgets are no more than an irritant, justification can be written off as an old fashioned "conservative" view.

After all: "Safety Is Our First Priority".

How you waste your own money is a matter for you. I just don't want you mandating I waste mine.

For those of us that want to have a bit more SA especially in Class G, this is a great start to enabling us to use other than certified technology. The more of us that have ADSB the better it will be and to do so cheaply will only encourage this.

See a previous post from an ATO, and "device fixation". And you better find out about the inherent errors in what you see in front of you, a topic either not understood or ignored by too many pilots, and not just GA pilots.

I hope what Triadic is suggesting is not right because, well, it seems ridiculous tbh.

So LS, keep to the thread instead of dredging up your old and out of date views.

Such boring and out of date subjects, risk determination, risk management, cost/benefit analysis --- I guess in this post decosntructionist/post factual age we live in, where perception is reality, "I feel it is not safe" therefore it is not safe (whatever "safe" means) such old fashioned concepts as hard data, facts and supportable analysis hardly get a look-in.

I speak from a position of having used this sort of gear, over now several generations of development, for longer than all but a handful of pilots in Australia, so my views are based on hard won experience, not theory. What is your long term experience??

tootle pip!!

PS: And, boring as it is, I am advocating: "Look out the bleeding window", and not just because it is the law, but because it may save your life one day.

Last edited by LeadSled; 24th Sep 2018 at 17:06. Reason: text corrected/added