PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2018, 03:12
megan

Received 413 Likes on 214 Posts
My Stearman is certified for solo only in the rear seat
The TCDS says that the aircraft may be soloed from either seat should the empty CoG be within a certain range, outside the stipulated range solo from rear seat only.

The cynic in me says that Mr. Adams has come forward at this late stage claiming to be the inventor of the word "solo" as applied to TCT, he being a contractor to complete a task I would have thought that the customer, TCT or one of her covey, would give their imprimatur and approval of the work done. If we accept Mr. Adams statement obviously this was not done, a claim which I find dubious, and frankly, impossible to believe. It was made a corner stone of all publicity, even by Boeing, a sponsor.

Mr. Adams work seems from his web site to be UK orientated, so I assume he has been leant upon by TCT, or party, to make his "solo" claim immediately prior to the AGM to take the heat off her. A decision made no doubt out of his own commercial interests in the UK, and furtherance of those interests in the upper echelons of society in which TCT dabbles.
Interestingly I note that TCT's Wiki page has been sanitised again. The account of the Wilmslow crash states that the cause was never identified amd omits TCT's (unproven) contention that it was due to fuel contamination.

Similarly all mention of the Bill Woodhams Award, both the giving and rescinding, has gone.
All reinstated. What games they play. Edited today 24th Sep.
The trip was cut short by a crash in the Arizona desert, which Curtis-Taylor attributed to contaminated fuel obtained in Wilmslow. The official investigation ny the NTSB found no evidence of this

In October 2014 she was given the Bill Woodhams Award by the UK's Light Aircraft Association (LAA) however following a vote at the Annual General Meeting of the LAA in October 2016 this was rescinded.

Last edited by megan; 24th Sep 2018 at 03:28.