PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2018, 02:25
Clare Prop

Received 236 Likes on 108 Posts
Originally Posted by SATCOS WHIPPING BOY
+10

TCT purports to be a champion for the female cause (that ethos died years ago) and is set on a pedestal as a role model. All she inspires is a notion that the only way to the top is to lie, embellish,cheat, and manipulate: Hardly worthy of a role model title IMHO.
And have a big strong man close by to hold your hand, lots of corporate sponsors and some minor royals.

I am a former Amy Johnson Memorial Scholarship recipient and I find this whole issue disgraceful and insulting to the many aviation pioneers, male and female, who started and continue to push the boundaries for all of us, and to those of us that plod along every day getting on with the job of flying aeroplanes without wanting any special treatment. I was grateful for that scholarship or my career would have ground to a halt as I was down to the last can of baked beans. That is how you help people into aviation, if that is what you are really doing.

She is welcome to call me a old male misogynist and an internet troll to my face anytime.