PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Finally ... recognition
View Single Post
Old 24th Sep 2018, 00:24
raven11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Agree BlunderBus.
Had a discussion with a young RQ the other day who said that the good thing about COS 18 was that it clearly showed the shine was off working here; and that there was no longer any hope of improvement to his HKPA or anything else. Instead, COS18 confirmed his suspicion that his current conditions were now doomed to deteriorate toward those in COS18. He no longer holds any illusion of improvements or lasting peace between the pilots and this management. He told me that it would now be foolish of him to not seek opportunities outside Hong Kong. Just as so many others have concluded to do.

In my mind I can’t help but wonder how much money the Company is willing to throw away by writing off the investments already made in training and developing such people. All in the hope of phantom savings that can be theoretically achieved by the ludicrous concept of replacing experienced pilots with scores of zero time, or third world, “talent” willing to work for HKA/HKE (low cost carrier) conditions.

No airline can truly succeed if it is to bear the cost of continuously turning over a large percentage of its pilot pool.