PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian-2
Thread: Norwegian-2
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2018, 22:36
longer ron

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
We have just returned from a trip to colorado - we had to book at fairly short notice which meant that any flights from up here in Scotland were extortionate (£1200+ each and all indirect flights),after examining a few options (all indirect) we took a calculated risk and booked LGW - Denver non stop/direct with Norwegian for the cheapest fare I have ever paid for a transatlantic flight.
We departed on time from LGW in a 787 (I would rather have been in a 747/757 etc ) had a very tasty meal and arrived safely on time,we had booked the normal cattle class (not the absolute cheapest fare),legroom was just about ok for me (5' 11''/182cms) and comfy enough with a couple of walkabouts occasionally.
We returned last thur/fri,there was a delay with the incoming a/c (weather delay ?) so we boarded just over an hour late - then Capt Jinx told us we would still arrive on time LOL - shortly afterwards there was a further delay (slight tech issue ??) and we departed approx 2 hours late but had a reasonable tailwind (720 GS at one stage) and arrived at LGW perhaps 1 hour late (cannot remember exact times),the meal on the return journey was extremely bland but we survived it LOL
So the trip was successful - we had a great holiday and Norwegian flew us safely both ways for a good price,even with the long drive down to LGW and car parking etc we saved lots of dosh,and we visited friends on the drive back north anyway to make the most of the long drive.