PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight acadamy training
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2018, 19:09
PilotLH350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PID
Welcome

I know as much as what the website informs plus a bit more as I attended their event in the past.

From what I know, this is perhaps your best option out there today. Why? Because EFA is owned and managed directly by Lufthansa itself and its group of 5 other airlines.
Which means you are certain* to have a FO job at the end of the training as this is not a for profit organisation.

I would suggest to consider applying as soon as possible because at the moment the EFA is offering a 20,000EUR sign in bonus! If you are German, even better, you can apply for their MPL scheme which employs you directly to Lufthansa Airline as a FO.

The reason why they are doing the ATPL scheme very cheap for an integrated (practically operating at a loss) is because they are aware that not filling the FO seats in the future impacts the airline financially a lot more. I wish other airlines thought like this. To put into perspective, EasyJet has its application open now for the MPL scheme, they lowered their education standards to meet a broader audience but the price remains at £109,000.

*Certain means provided you meet their standards throughout the training and the aviation economy is still growing.

I hope this helps and best of luck

Peace!

Thank you for your response.
I have one more important question:
Lufthansa trains students in ATPL and MPL. They sent me some sort of manuals what I need for training and things like that. For starting ATPL you need only fluency in English(C1) and if you want to start MPL you have to be fluent in english and german. So my question is do I need to be German if I want to start MPL training or is it enough to be fluent in both languages.

Kind regards!