PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAE 727's
Thread: AAE 727's
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2003, 17:59
Rudder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NoLights,

It only doesn't make sense if you need it or want to use it. I know one of the shareholders really well, and they certianly don't need it anymore. The other one is in the same boat as well I believe. If it's not making money, is to time consuming, has too much money tied up, or it's too risky why do it?

In his case he has other significant aviation and business interests. He's fairly pragmatic as well about these things. I've heard him say before today that the first loss is the best loss and that may be how they see it.

It doesn't surprise what d_concord said. I'm sure they wouldn't spend the money with the future of the 727's uncertain or if they were not as confident about the future as you seem to be. After TAAE's little effort how could you blame them. The sim may also just not make financial sense.

I can only assume that they don't see the future as rosy as you may. Wonder what they know!! Perhaps they don't believe all the propaganda that your likely being fed right now to keep the spirits up.

What I do know is that everyone was wandering around within TAAE and saying the same things you have just said some 10 months ago. According to what I heard, 757/767 freighters were on the way. Look what happened!!

I'm sure there may be other factors in this decision to which we're not privy as well.

While my friend didn't say it, I had the feeling the whole situation was more trouble than it was worth when I last spoke to him and knowing what he is involved in the decision didn't surprise me at all.