PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2018, 15:35
B Fraser
Tabs please !

Received 392 Likes on 232 Posts
Originally Posted by nickswebs
Q. Did you create the sides too, with the "alone in the cockpit" words?
A. If it’s on the website then I probably did
Hello Nick,

I do not believe that the presentation is on TCTs website although I may be wrong. If you did write those words then you would probably have remembered TCT "being horrified" and requesting that you change them without delay. As the unfortunate photo shows, she appeared to be quite happy delivering those words so what are we to conclude ? Editing powerpoint only takes a moment and I'm sure as an IT professional, you will agree that she could have sorted it out herself.

I presume that you did not write the press releases that caused newspapers around the globe to repeat the almighty whopper. You have to ask "how did such an almighty mistake get repeated time, time and time again ?". I can't imagine for a moment that TCT failed to read all news articles and magazine features. After all, there were many hours to while away sitting in a comfy seat on an airliner or waiting for better weather.

Similarly, I presume that you did not write the Wikipedia pages that went uncorrected for years. Are we to expect another fall-guy to step forward ?

addendum....

It seems that sponsors were being duped as well. I doubt that any hard nosed business would part with cash unless they were very clearly informed as to what they were getting. ExecuJet clearly thought they were supporting a solo venture. As their business is aviation, there is little chance that they do not understand the meaning of the word.

https://xtoday.news/en/2015/10/execu...lo-expedition/

Last edited by B Fraser; 23rd Sep 2018 at 18:15. Reason: more info