PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fastest Way to Get PPL
View Single Post
Old 23rd Sep 2018, 12:12
AirJing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK I'll pipe up with this one. You can see my thread about what happens when you run out of time in PPL training due to weather.

Having limited time, I would suggest you go somewhere with excellent weather, very high probability of blue skies and low wind and just get the PPL. Get it, then you have it, you don't have to worry about it. Following that (this is my opinion as a low-hour only) you will not be good in adverse weather or crosswinds, but you can get more training on that at your leisure later.

If you follow the advice of get really solid training in marginal weather over a period of time etc etc, then you will be in my situation: you have allocated a large block of time and money to getting a PPL, but you do not quite get there because your flights keep getting cancelled, because you have chosen to do your training in a marginal climate location. You then have to have a break due to life, job, kids, your dog is ill, whatever and you regress. Then you have to devote even more time and more $$$ to finishing the PPL.

So just go to Florida or Perth or Spain, spend 6 weeks there full time and nut it out. Then go back home with a full PPL, hire an airplane and instructor and practice flying in crosswinds and dodging clouds.