PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - B737-800 aquaplaning at Christchurch New Zealand. Excellent report
Old 23rd Sep 2018, 01:47
Capn Bloggs

Received 75 Likes on 43 Posts
JT, I as a lowly driver see it like this: 20.7.1bdetails the current regulatory requirements, including the "15% when airborne" rule. One can then use the AFM data (1.67) to work out if one can comply with the pretakeoff requirement (or one can use the AAM charts). Then, one could use the QRH data (1.15), when one is airborne, to work out if one can comply!

Originally Posted by Safetypee
Was the AAM based an ‘in house’ computation or did it use Boeing data - performance manual?
I suspect Boeing. Our charts (different model Boeing) are laid out exactly the same.

Originally Posted by Safetypee
Do current documents still show numerical landing weight, where it is difficult to add 15% distance margin, or do they now show actual landing distance, even with the min 15% already added?
I assume you are referring to the AAM? Each chart is runway-specific; it is better for the crew to be shown a weight (which, I believe, complies with 20.7.1b). Interestingly, the AAM charts don't show the effects of various braking actions (the QRH does), only Dry and Wet.