PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2018, 18:17
Pilot DAR

Received 63 Likes on 44 Posts
Thank you Mr. Adams for presenting your perspective on this discussion, that was a responsible thing for you to do, and I respect that.

Whether Ms. Curtis-Taylor created a misunderstanding with her choice and direction, or perhaps was the unwitting victim of your and other's embellishments, remains open for discussion I suppose. That said, it appears that a number of pilots and others interested in aviation have been offended by the final outcome of Ms. Curtis-Taylor's publicity (and indeed, her own spoken words). Those people also have the right to have their point of view considered. Ms. Curtis-Taylor has had an ample opportunity, whether here, or through other means of communication, to clear the air, by correcting errors of which she became/is aware about her adventure, and associated publicity.

During protracted discussion and posts, I recall a poster sort of summing up what many posters seemed to want to have clarified (it became what was discussed as: "The three questions"):

I would be interested in a reasoned response from the lady herself to the following:

1. What is the reconciliation between Ms Curtis-Taylor's well documented claim to have flown her African flight "solo". Please see the video clip published earlier in this thread:

http://www.pprune.org/private-flying...ml#post9559074

in which she personally makes that claim, and her subsequent public statement that the flight was not solo?

2. Given the above, what was she doing in the picture of her, published several times earlier in this thread, standing in front of a huge picture depicting the route and claiming she had been "Alone in an open cock-pit [sic] plane"?

3. By what authority, and with what qualification, does she wear RAF wings?
There is still an opportunity for Ms. Curtis-Taylor to offer clarity to the perception many people obviously hold, and which offends them. Ms. Curtis-Taylor has recently sought publicity of this topic, where really it had faded into history, and I had closed the thread for lack of any new discussion points. However, a newspaper article, and reopening discussion about an LAA award, which discussion obviously was endorsed by Ms. Curtis-Taylor, is a new discussion point here. In the absence of any effort at clarity from Ms. Curtis-Taylor thus far, other people are equally welcome to post how they feel about Ms. Curtis-Taylor's continued pursuit of publicity and an award.

Ms. Curtis-Taylor is welcomed to post here to present her perspective, and perhaps clear up some misunderstandings, or, Ms. Curtis-Taylor may contact a moderator here by PM, if doing so would make things easier for her to find a path. I'm sure that Ms. Curtis-Taylor, and members of our flying community, would both be very happy if the facts of her adventures could be agreed by all. After all, we all here already have in common a desire to promote aviation!