PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Edinburgh-3
Thread: Edinburgh-3
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2018, 16:32
Sk1schoolsam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inOban
I think that the rise in oil prices, and slow growth in the UK economy (never mind the risk of a B*tsh*t Brexit) will result in quite slow growth in the UK airline market generally -as indeed could be seeyat many airports this year, although the fine summer depressed last-minute bookings also.

As far as Norwegian, BCN will be served daily next summer by both FR and Vueling. TFS is served by four airlines/holiday companies, and if there is a need for more capacity, then I'm sure it will be provided.

The TATL flights had high = profitable fares for only a few weeks in high season. I'm whether WOW/Kevlavik is turning into a loco equivalent of EK/Dubai. A shortish flight, a break of journey, and onward flights to almost anywhere in North America.
I doubt the loss will reduce the number of TA passengers at EDI.
The Norwegian TFS flights were at really good humane hours for families unlike the referenced “holiday” companies. Sorry there is no way I want to fly back with my family and arrive between 1 and 3 am!! Guess I will have to fly from somewhere else now......
Thanks for the heads up on The additional BCN flights.

Stunned that EK have been advertising there new EDI “daily” flights only to immediately cut to 5 days per week. Is it permanent or just for W18? Does not add up....