PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - V1 Cuts in the SIM. WHY?
View Single Post
Old 22nd Sep 2018, 07:22
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Grogmonster
I am wondering why CASA and some Instructors insist that V1 cuts are required during your Instrument Proficiency check in the SIM in any aircraft below 5700kg? If you do your IPC in the aircraft you don't do a V1 cut, and nor should you, however if you are given a V1 cut during your simulator IPC and you muck it up you have failed. I fully get why they are demonstrated and taught during training especially for transport category aircraft above 5700kg but for smaller aircraft that are not designed to FAR Part25 I just don't get it. Perhaps someone can clear this up for me? Remember the scenario I am asking about is in the simulator during your IPC in aircraft below 5700kg.

Groggy
Groggy,
That wonderful combination of Australian ignorance and arrogance ---- that you can fail a "sequence" for which the aircraft is not certified, not capable, and I will bet the simulator does not meet ICAO standards for such a sequence, anyway. Indeed, you can fail such a "sequence" in a "approved simulator" that is still operating on dispensations for FSD-1.

It's got nothing to do with a proper demonstration of competence, and everything to do with the attitude that "checking" is about jumping through "hoops of fire" --- because, just because!!

Indeed, you can lose your AOC for refusing to comply with any demand, in the aircraft as well, whether the aircraft is certified for the demanded maneuver.

---- even if somebody has to die, from time to time, as a result.

After all "Safety Is Our First Priority".

What "wonderful" standards and attitudes records we have.

Tootle pip!!