PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta pilot indicted for lying about mental health on FAA medical form
Old 22nd Sep 2018, 04:42
megan

Received 394 Likes on 209 Posts
instead promoted enhanced mental health support programs for pilots that would encourage seeking help
That's as it should be Capt. PD, but not how it always works. A QF A380 SO who has his licence tugged on the say so of a neighbour.

QF in the OZ paper today

Having said that, I'm aware of a number of pilots active in commercial employment who do receive our equivalent of VA benefits on the basis of their service induced PTSD, and the regulator is fully aware. In one case the regulators medical director went into bat for the guy and twisted the arm of the psychs to get a report giving the guy a thumbs up, their reluctance seemingly being "can this come back to bite me in some way". The above link just shows that the regulator, or rather individuals within it, can be a barstewards at times and is the reason some may shy from being open about their state. I doubt the FAA is any different based on what they did to Bob Hoover.