PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-2
Thread: Manchester-2
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2018, 14:21
LAX_LHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While the drop off charges are clearly a bone of contention (and as said I’m not a fan myself), many airports also charge for the same concept, and even the huge hub that is Amsterdam is considering applying them.

what is appalling that many, including a judge, are almost justifying this man’s actions because of this charge. It’s £3. Say again £3. The Marshall was nearly killed for the sake of £3. Whatever you think of the charge, a Marshall is someone’s wife, son, husband, daughter, dad, mum etc. The fact you can get so irate over £3 leads more questions as to whether you should be on the road. Next time I get a parking fine, should I mow down the warden as it’s their fault there were parking restrictions? Next time someone someone gets a speeding ticket, should the officer be lamped for enforcing the law? Reality is, this is nothing to do with drop off fees, this is about someone’s who clearly has anger issues and a danger to the roads. And what’s better, he is a TEACHER, thus has the chance to mould the younger generation into his ways too. Disgusting. I don’t care what people think of the fees, this is purely and simply disgusting behaviour by the driver.

the headline here is that a Marshall was actually run over, and done so over several hundred metres. And most people are here saying ‘well, own fault for having a £3 drop off fee’. Would love to see your reaction if that was your loved one being mowed down for doing their job.

good on the airport for seeking an appeal to his sentence, as I’m sure anybody would want the same support from their employer if this happened to them.

also ‘obvious why no new airlines are coming to MAN’, clearly not the case, at all.