PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southend-2
Thread: Southend-2
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2018, 14:16
Expressflight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by virginblue
Not sure why they went for the BE brand at SEN in the first place. Maybe EI was unwilling to franchise its brand for an UK-based operation - or it was more expensive than BE.
Maybe it was that EI in the end thought allowing the franchise to extend to routes which had no Irish link was a step too far, but it would have been logical from the STK point of view to do it that way I would have thought.. I feel that the BE/STK franchise was perhaps the less preferred option at the time although it was obviously not touted as such by STK and did work out quite well as it turned out.

rog747

From a pax numbers point of view I should imagine that KM are quite pleased with their SEN adventure on all three routes. The routes are not seasonal and are on sale for the whole of next Summer. I think CTA is slightly more popular than CAG this summer. One passenger's experience of loadings I saw this week said: MLA-CTA was "full" and all but 24 of the pax disembarked there and the CTA-SEN was also "full" on departure. As far as I know KM are the only operator that offers Business Class on their flights from SEN.

Last edited by Expressflight; 21st Sep 2018 at 15:00. Reason: rephrasing in part