PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cumbria - Dauphin in the fog...
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2018, 11:36
DOUBLE BOGEY

Received 18 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by [email protected]
Then, because you are operating at low level - not because of the weather but because that is the aim of your training - and you don't see the weather changing until you come round a corner and run into it - is that a poor decision? Again I don't think so

Then having done all the right things - slow down, go down but constrained by the topography - yet end up in the deteriorating weather because turning round at speed isn't an option and come to the hover in sight of decent visual references - is that a poor decision????

Finally, to extricate yourself from this less than ideal situation (where you can't land becuase of the terrain), you turn round and hover taxy back along a good line feature until you clear the weather again and then proceed on a different route home - is that really a poor decision???

If you had been trained in RAF SAR, you would have had it drummed into you when and how to say NO.
The proof is in the pudding CRAB. When you end up below your limits you have somewhere along the way, made a poor decision. I have every sympathy for this crew. I have to because I have also made the same mistake. The difference between us CRAB is you cant see the mistake. I bet the crew can now!

I cant understand that if you yourself cannot see mistakes for what they are, how could you have trained me to make better aviation judgements. This does not make sense.

Now tell me...have you ever made a mistake with the wx?