PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS, facts and fantasies
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2003, 11:07
AirNoServicesAustralia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stopped posting on this thread a while ago purely because the PPL/AOPA guys on here never seemed to answer the concerns and questions put forward by the aviation professionals be they RPT pilots or ATC's. The response has always came back to its ok for me in my bugsmasher so it must be ok for everyone else.

The difference in mentality I have decided comes down to the fact that the professional pilots have to go to work each day to pay the mortgage as do the the ATC's. They don't want to be party to a midair collision or even a close call while they are doing their job again either as a professional pilot or ATC. The PPL/AOPA guy looks out the window decides its a nice day to go for a flight and chooses to do this. He doesn't want to be stuffed around by the air police as he sees them, he wants to come straight in no delays (even if that means he delays 100 fare paying passengers. Just a little point, the AOPA guys whinge and say why should the RPT carrying the fare paying passengers get priority and special treatment, WHY THE HELL NOT???!!!??? The old thing about the greater good comes to mind.) He also doesn't want to pay anything to anyone. And in his mind because this kind of flying is ok for him then its ok for everyone.

As I said the AOPA guys won't answer genuine concerns about the NAS airspace model, and just blindly put it down to job protection by the ATC's and arrogance by the RPT's.