PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2018, 06:52
TCAS FAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
shamrock7seal

Removing one stand to accomodate 4 A320/B738 is about as good as it gets if U2 and FR are potential players. I have my doubts that CAA will agree to parking them nose in on the current Stands 7-12 due to the tailfin height being in such close proximity to the runway and thereby penetrating one of the obstacle free surfaces. One of multitude of past c*** ups that I eluded to in my post # 832.

Consequently a number of options are available, lengthen Stands 7-11 (don't think 6 is worth consideration due to the proximity of the Terminal)? Possibly prohibitively expensive due to having to demolish part of the short-term car park (oh dear back to the c*** ups again!). Demolishing the Tower (remote Tower as LCY and move Solent APP to Swanwick?) the Fire Station and reclaming the hire car parking might provide one or two sufficiently large stands. Not much else unless the Royal Mail building comes up on the market, wasn't the site part of the original airport? Must stop keep banging on about c*** ups!

I consequently doubt that SOU can sustain both U2 and FR in the foreseable future unless something major happens to release development land adjacent to the current apron. From past experience you don't offer FR a deal, they offer you one!

Last edited by TCAS FAN; 21st Sep 2018 at 06:54. Reason: spelling correction