PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rossair accident in 2017 - training and checking assessment
Old 20th Sep 2018, 21:50
C441

Received 115 Likes on 46 Posts
Being greater than 5700kg we did not have some of the performance issues that the Conquest or similar types (<5700kg) might have.
I know you're not necessarily suggesting otherwise, but the Conquest had very good engine out performance compared to piston engine aircraft of similar size.

Many of the comments on this thread are very valid and it shows that training in the aircraft must be managed in a safe and proper manner.
Spot on.
Although it's 30+ years since I flew one, I do remember we'd brief pretty thoroughly on how an engine failure would be simulated and what actions were required following a simulated failure to ensure the simulated problem did not become a greater problem. It could be quite a handful if you created more drag than was a reasonable representation of an engine failure.
I did over 3000 hours in the Conquest and, not surprising given my chosen name on this forum, thoroughly enjoyed flying it.