PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 505 Jet Ranger X
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2018, 18:13
SansAnhedral

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by FH1100 Pilot
I'm especially not impressed with the location of the horizontal stab. Is Bell just copying the R-product? I suspect that at some point the 505 will "magically" grow a set like the 206 has, complete with endplates.
Oh, and anyone who thinks that the 505 won't spout winglets/endplates on the horizontal stab is just dreaming. Dreaming. Repeat after me: It. Will. Have. Them.
The 505 has the same tail boom and vertical fin as the 206. Mark my words...(hold a hand up with your index finger extended) MARK MY WORDS! The 505 will sprout winglets.
As I predicted, the horizontal stab did move. You just wait: Endplates/winglets are next.
The fact that the 505 does not yet have endplates on the horizontal stab is moot. It *will* get them, trust me on that. Seriously.
It is also true that I've said it will sprout endplates on the afterthought horizontal stab. I still think it eventually will, especially if people force it to cruise along at max power.
Nigel, you didn't get any endplates!

I think Bell has built over 100 505s like yours now. Maybe they aren't watering them enough? Perhaps BLR will offer them in an aftermarket kit replete with a bag of fertilizer!