PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-3
Thread: Stansted-3
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2018, 16:20
_aax1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by STN406
I personally find this odd, Stansted is EasyJet’s only route to OVD and if I am right it has had little other routes their from the UK on the EasyJet network.

But great news about the second A320, shame they are sticking with the 7 based and not increasing back to 8.
Asturias has been one of the 'random' EZY STN routes for years, it's a shame to see it go. However, like any EZY route, If it's not bringing in the money anymore, they will axe. It does have very little competition but it's a niche market and recently Vueling and Iberia have entered the LON-OVD market. Good to hear BIO is performing well for the A320 to be deployed on some rotations.

Today was just a general schedule release, any new routes or aircraft are normally announced later in the year. So watch this space. From the speculation I've heard and with LTN's stands being full and LGW morning slots mostly gone. 2019 might bring in a additional aircraft. Regardless, the new larger aircraft is the first piece of commitment from EZY since they brought the first A320 to STN in 2012.