PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cumbria - Dauphin in the fog...
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2018, 16:15
[email protected]

Received 631 Likes on 273 Posts
No! it means they made a mistake that ended up placing members of the public at risk. You believe they were so well trained and highly experienced that they themselves were not at risk.
The members of the public were only at risk because they were driving in fog - the presence of the aircraft neither increased or decreased that risk - not sure how you can't see that.
They didn't make a mistake unless you believe their superpower and crystal ball should have alerted them to the rapidly changing weather in the pass before they even got airborne.

But if you're experienced enough to follow a stone wall along a road, then you're experienced enough to know the weather patterns for that area" Oh dear Crab!
I'm afraid that is such a non-sequitur that it is laughable - the quality of reasoned argument is plummeting further.

my only input to add to this is I dont think the weather just rolled in. the road is wet, it appears that it had been like this for some amount of time.
just run me through the process for cloud formation and tell me why the road wouldn't be wet.........does your car stay dry when you drive into fog or do you put your wipers on almost immediately?