PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Issued my Initial Class 1 Medical with an OML restriction. Best course to take?
Old 20th Sep 2018, 14:45
Spencer94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nurse2Pilot, I believe it is because it is 'advised' that people with a peanut allergy carry an epipen. My thoughts exactly, in fact, there's no guarantee that the captain beside you wouldn't develop a peanut allergy and not know about it.

Contact Appoach, such a big part of me is saying that, and that there must be a job for me at some point. But again it comes down to the money. If it was £10/20,000 I would do it and take the gamble but I cant do that with £125,000, I have to have a reasonable level of confidence that I could secure a job first.

magicmick, thank you, I hadn't thought of Flight Crew Futures but its definitely something that I will look into now, it could be very helpful in this situation.

I emailed the schools about their Integrated ATPL courses and got a reply earlier. They say that as long as my Class 2 allows me to fly solo then they would train me. However in the same email they also said that I may have a problem securing a job afterwards considering the OML on my Class 1. I have asked them if they know of any airlines that would or wouldn't consider hiring me just to gauge if its possible but I haven't got a reply yet.