PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2018, 10:15
Sam Rutherford

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wrote this to Charles Bremner of The Times:

Sent: 20 September 2018 11:56
To: 'Bremner, Charles'...
Subject: RE: Questions about Tracey Curtis-Taylor

Hi Charles,I’m surprised by your article, and deeply disappointed. I sense an agenda.
You have written “Curtis-Taylor and her team did not claim that she was solo, except for what she calls a slip of the tongue in one presentation.” – this statement is simply not true, as you well know.
The line “Some of her fans agree that she gave her adversaries ammunition by initially allowing the impression that she was alone.” is particularly generous. She was driving the impression that she was alone by everything she did and said (before, during and after the Africa trip). As you said to me yourself during our phonecall, it was only once the story started getting out that her version changed (four times).
I did not ‘lead the charge’, but I was certainly proactive in ensuring the correct version of events became known. Certainly Tracey was not telling anyone that it wasn’t solo, and it is almost certain that without the crash in Arizona the world would still believe all the flights had been done solo.
I’m disappointed, I expected your article to be accurate and responsible (and independent) – that’s all I have ever been in this sorry saga.
Best regards, Sam.
PS There’s not even an attempt to hide the real reason for the angle of your article, putting the link to the trailer for her “upcoming film” immediately beneath it. Follow the money…?