PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The NAS, facts and fantasies
View Single Post
Old 12th Oct 2003, 05:27
snarek

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Walley

Well at least you got the point (re stats and manipulation vs hidden causals). Keep trying ferris, you can buy very nice little maths books with apples and stuff, good place to start before you try Bayseyan Theory .

I liked the little AOPA ad above too. Succinctly points out the problem of regionals not looking out the window (cos they do own the sky .... don't they???)

Now some CTAFs are bigger than some MBZs, and there really isn't a problem. I would like to see a fairer charging regime, remembering that all these airports were paid for with taxpayers money to begin with.

But if we could get some sort of 'sticker' system working again, leaving out the AVDATA middle-man take, then maybe, just maybe the guys and gals who 'avoid unecessary calls' won't feel the need anymore

Oh, and for those above STILL blaming the PPL, the last 'no-radio' I saw was at a CTAF in FNQ and it was a Citation, hardly a PPL!!!

The week before that, small CTAF in FFNQ (ie North of Cairns) and it was a Caravan (and no, it wasn't Dick). Again, not too many PPL Caravans around (other than the obvious one).

So give the PPL whinge a break, the problem at CTAFs is regionals not looking vs 'struggling' mid-level charter not talking.

Both members of the so-called 'professionals' strutting their stuff in this forum.

Oh, and Ferris, YET AGAIN (please absorb this fact this time) AOPA IS LINKING NAS AND ADSB AND HAS WRITTEN TO THE MINISTER TO THAT EFFECT.

OK, are we straight with that now.

AK