PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Southampton-2
Thread: Southampton-2
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2018, 18:48
The Nutts Mutts

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The piece of work they released today has been a long time in coming and I get the impression a lot of thought and work has gone into it. Like an earlier poster alluded to, I don't think it's a coincidence that they hit 2 million passengers, then mentioned expansion plans, then easyJet show up, and now a masterplan which appears to start with a runway extension and quotes new routes and operators using larger aircraft.
This masterplan won't be purely speculative, based on discussions with airlines there will have been some level of confidence that growth will happen before they committed to this course of action.
I'm not a betting man but I reckon the references to A320 aircraft indicate that easyJet could be a likely beneficiary of the future facilities, and the references to 737-800 aircraft, in my mind, would point to Jet2.
If they're releasing plans for public consultation involving big stuff like a runway and terminal extension then I'm sure they'll have considered smaller details like opening hours and availability of ATC and fire services, as it's these smaller things that make the big stuff possible.