PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Issued my Initial Class 1 Medical with an OML restriction. Best course to take?
Old 19th Sep 2018, 18:48
Spencer94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Contact Approach & magicmick, thank you both very much for your input, I am very grateful and I am considering both arguments. These two arguments are similar to those that I keep seeing elsewhere, some say yes some say no. I'm a very cautions person and a big part of me says this is a huge risk. The other part of me is the part that has wanted to be a pilot since the age of 10. It seems wrong to me that a fully qualified pilot who is medically sound within the CAA's rules, could lose out on a job because of their medical. What happens if out of 2 applicants I am the better candidate? Do they blackball me because of this OML?

Maybe not in the first 6 months / first year, but surely a pilot qualifying with good results would get a job offer despite an OML? I'm sure that's incredibly naive.

Who do I ask to give me enough confidence to either go through with the training or decide that this is the end of the line?