PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Issued my Initial Class 1 Medical with an OML restriction. Best course to take?
Old 19th Sep 2018, 13:46
magicmick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sadly I am not involved in the black art that is recruitment and recruiters do not share their secrets with me which is why I use the phrase ‘may well’

Every application that I have made for employment has required me to confirm that I have a Class 1 medical, state whether or not I have ever been refused a medical, confirm my medical expiry date and whether I have any limitations. In that case Spencer would have to confirm that they have been refused a medical and that they have an OML.

Why would they ask for details of limitations and refused medicals if it plays absolutely no part in the recruitment process?

Equally I am not aware of any low hours pilots having been hired lately with OMLs other than if they need spectacles. Perhaps someone reading this who has been recruited as a low hours pilot with an OML other than spectacles or knows someone who has been recruited as a low hours pilot with an OML other than spectacles might care to share their information.

It’s all too easy to encourage someone to continue when it’s not your money that is being spent. I am just looking to inject a note of caution into the matter without being cynical. If Spencer decides to go ahead then that’s their decision and I wish them all the best but they do need to consider the possible ramifications of their medical situation.