PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jaguar is 50
Thread: Jaguar is 50
View Single Post
Old 19th Sep 2018, 12:05
NutLoose

Received 2,938 Likes on 1,252 Posts
-
Every Jaguar thread I have read, people who tick the above boxes pop in to make unnecessary puerile comment. Happened on the last Jaguar thread as well, which is why I am guessing you can't find it.
Never fear I am here

I have to agree with what was said above re-servicability, we would deploy with half of the kit and engineers a Phantom sqdn would take, indeed on one detachment we were outnumbered by a huge amount. They rarely went wrong and when they did they were often easy to fix.

As for the venting, that was quite a common problem, we had Hesseltine visiting RAFG to inspect a pair of Jags in the HAS and watch a scramble... As with all things bullsh*t they had German contactors in to shotblast the interior walls and floor then repaint it so the HAS looked like new, the Jags were laid out with the customary loads displayed in front and the Sqn number formed out of 30mm Aden belts. I was then stupidly asked to refuel the dog of the fleet for venting which was at the back, having repeatedly asked to get it out as it vents badly I was told to get on with it, So I did and it chucked it out the donkey's d*ck faster than the bowser could shove it in. the rear of the HAS was flooded.
Hesseltine was due and with great haste tons of chickensh*t was deposited over the fuel by the many before the few arrived, shovelling it up and legging it the HAS was left stinking of fuel with a ruddy great stain on the floor where the combination soaked into the porous surface from shot blasting along with loose bits of chickensh*t.... and then the blame game started after he had left, with fingers pointing in my general direction even though I repeatedly told the muppets exactly what would happen.